about the program
This is independent travel study so you pick the dates; classes typically begin on Mondays. You'll study for 3 or 4 hours per day either morning or afternoon and can register for 1 to 4 weeks and receive 60 Clock Hours/PDUs or 6 quarter credits (equivalent of 4 semester credits) per week.
PLEASE NOTE: The Heritage Institute courses receive Continuing Education Quarter Credits awarded by Antioch University Seattle at the 400 and 500 levels. Call 800.445.1305 or log onto The Heritage Institute’s website policies page for more information.
For information about similar programs in other Latin American countries as well as credit for volunteer and cultural learning projects, click here or on the bottom link, below. Contact information is available on the Registration Form.
- REGISTRATION FORM/Cost and Assignment Summaries
- Cancellation Policy and Liability RELEASE FORM 1
- Heritage RELEASE FORM 2
- SYLLABUS (1st week; add'l weeks are similar)
- Course EVALUATION FORM - optional
- PACKING LIST and Recommendations
- Pack light site: onebag.com
- "Before you go" list
- Heritage Institute/Antioch University Seattle
- Stacey's Travel Photos with blog and travelogue links
- CDC Health Information - Panamá
- Dial-A-Verb with Online Verb Conjugator Link
- Online Translator
- Spanish by the Sea and River Schools
- Langenscheidt Spanish/English Dictionary (my favorite) on Amazon.com
- Laminated Panamá Wildlife Guides
- Addall.com - great used book search engine
- Live & Learn in Latin America